top of page

COVID-19 Event Policies

Every vendor of a client's vendor team has different policies, below is ours:

In an attempt to alleviate some stress and confusion, we are outlining our cancellation and rescheduling policies for any of our clients who are uncertain about their event date. All weddings affected by COVID-19 are easily able to reschedule their wedding date to a new date in 2021 and beyond. 

While this may be an unforeseeable event, it's not an unavoidable event. Weddings are not time-sensitive and can be rescheduled, therefore, it's not impossible to hold this event on a future date. There may be an instance where it would be literally impossible to have a wedding, but in this situation, that's not necessarily the case.

Though many couples may think that a 150+ person party can't happen, that doesn't mean a wedding of a smaller size can't be celebrated. We are seeing a trend of fewer guests (sometimes under 70) with people social distancing or postponing to sometime in the future. 

If a couple cancels their event (deciding not to have it entirely rather than postponing), we want to make sure that they are aware that their retainer is non-refundable. The non-refundable retainer is used as a date reservation fee. Once we have a signed contract with us, we have to turn away other clients when we don't have DJs to service them. If that client backs out of the contract and asks for their retainer back, we are in the position of not being able to book another client for that DJ. Most clients contact us a year or more out to lock in their entertainment and we make the commitment to service that contract.


Over 95% of clients have postponed their weddings with us, with the remaining 5% understanding that they would not get their retainer back, as stated in their contract.

So, What Are Our Options?

1. Keep the party on, even if certain guests can't make it.


2. Postpone the party to a later date. We will send you a rescheduling contract for a new date.


3. Cancel if you are just exhausted and want to be married without a party, the retainer is forfeited by the client, the balance due is waived by District Remix, and we part ways as friends. 

COVID-19 Ruining Your Event Date?

If postponing (which we recommend), the following steps commence:

1. Check with the venue and get alternate dates (same if changing venue).

2. Reach out to all your vendors and let them know the date options your venue provided. Ideally, everyone should be available for at least one of those dates. Remember each vendor is a small business so each will have their own rescheduling policies.

3. If we are available and can pair you with your original or another one of our great DJs, we'll send you a rescheduling contract via email for you to sign. The non-refundable retainer will be credited over to the new date, and the final balance will be due 30 days prior to the new event date. Once you notify us about postponing, you have 365 days from then to select a new event date and sign a new contract, otherwise, the retainer can't be used (see the graphic below). We do not charge our clients a postponement or rescheduling fee that are being affected by COVID-19.

4. Finish up the music planning and party!

If canceling, please notify us via email and we'll send you a confirmation that the contract is canceled and that nothing over our non-refundable retainer is due. 

Covid Rescheduling_.webp

Just FYI On Holding A Date...

Due to so many clients rescheduling and with new clients booking, we can't hold dates indefinitely. We can hold a date for a short while before allowing others to book a certain DJ.

Check Out This Article!

This should help you understand our perspective in the wedding industry

Make Sense?

If you have any questions regarding our policy, don't hesitate to contact us!

bottom of page