We are a team of high-quality wedding Open-Format DJs with over 20 years of experience who work to be a reflection of your musical style. We'll take your wedding to the next level and make it one to remember. We're excited to explore your ideas that will guide us in the creation of a custom soundtrack that embraces your vision.
If you're searching for the perfect DJ that brings tremendous value, creativity, mixing, planning, experience, and will actually be proactive and coordinate your event (or work alongside your hired wedding planner) ...we're the company for you!
If you're purely seeking someone to play music with no creativity at the lowest cost, we're probably not the best option for your entertainment.
We typically range between $2000-5000, with most couples spending around $3000.
Where we work
We service the Baltimore, Annapolis, Eastern Shore, and Washington D.C. metro areas, as well as traveling around the country and worldwide.
What we offer
District Remix is all about elegance, sophistication and fun. We offer an extensive range of services to meet all your needs. From elegant weddings to fun parties, District Remix has you covered!
How we work
We want to make this process easy; no headaches! Once you contact us, we'll set up a call and chat about your day in great detail, going over all of your questions. We want to make sure you build a comfort and confidence with your DJ! Once District Remix guarantees that our DJs, equipment and services will provide you with a great experience every time.
Contact us today
If you're looking for high-quality wedding DJ services, then look no further! Give us a call today or fill out our online form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you want the best dance floor party you’ve ever had at a wedding and you want your friends to bring it up every time you see with them saying, “Holy hell that DJ’s setlist was so good, I need his Spotify” then look no further. - Zach (wedding videographer), married in 2020
What You Get
Everything You Need, Nothing You Don't.
In our packages, we include:
- Modern, non-intrusive setup (that you can dress up if you want to!)
- Up to 6 hours of performance time
- No charge for setup and teardown time
- Gear: Small ceremony setup with wireless mics (so everyone can hear you!), cocktail speaker, and reception speakers with wireless mics (for toasts) for up to 200 guests at one venue
- One hour of travel from our home base of Columbia, MD
- Online planning to plug in your music and event details
- Unlimited meetings with your DJ!
- We're insured! (let us know if your venue needs a COI)
What if we want more?
Not to worry! Here are some of the options that you can add on:
- Travel: Past an hour from Columbia, MD, is $100 per additional hour of travel (if driving). If it's past 150 miles from Columbia, accommodations are required for the DJ (don't want them falling asleep on the road afterward!)
- Destination Events: flight and accommodations are required, as well as gear rental (as it's easier to rent speakers wherever the party is happening)
- Time: Past 6 hours of performance time, is an additional rate per hour.
- Uplighting and dance lighting are additional options
- If there is anything else you want to add, we'll see if we can source it for you!
How involved are we with the music?
You can be as hands-on or hands-off as you want to be! We have couples all the time that give us a huge list of everything that they love in a Spotify list, and some that just say "here are five songs, can you take care of the rest?" You bet!
Some couples love to get into the nitty gritty of song choices and some want us to take care of everything so they don't have to deal with the stress. Either way, we're here to make life as easy as possible for you.
We work with you on the music, showing off your personality throughout your event. Any special requests are put into your online planning portal. Put in the songs you want to hear, we'll take care of the rest. Any guest requests, of course, need to match your style and the party vibe.
Do you MC/take care of announcements?
Yes! We take care of all the announcements that need to be made without being cheesy. Our DJs take the approach of 'less is more'. We are guiding you and your guests throughout the evening, along with your planner (if you have one).
What's your style?
We train our team to be “classy-cool” on the mic. We are the “voice” of your event, but you are the “face” of it. Our performers’ presentation is polished and understated, marked by artistic mixing and a professional “cheese-free” approach to announcements and microphone work. We’re not at all attached to tradition – we’re here to incorporate the music you request, and mix it in a way that will create the wedding and energy you’ve envisioned.
Many DJs think it's their job to put on a show and be the center of attention at the reception. We firmly believe that your wedding is your show, and we have no interest in taking the spotlight from you.
Your dance floor will be packed, but it will be because the DJ selected just the right songs from your request list and mixed them in just the right sequence - not because they chattered endlessly on the microphone.
We won't bring party props on our own, but we'll hand out any that you supply us with.
And what do you need from us?
Power (less than 50 feet from our setup), one 6-foot table, and at least 90 minutes prior to access the venue.
So what are the next steps?
1. Fill out our contact form and we'll reach out to you to schedule a call. In the meantime, check out our video and audio samples!
2. During our call, we'll get all the details, go over your questions, notate what your music must-haves and do-not plays (as those are just as important), pair you with a specific DJ, and send you a contract to look over!
3. Once the contract is signed and the retainer is paid, you get access to your online planning and we'll reach back out at the 30-day mark to schedule a final call with your DJ to go over the timeline and details. If you have any questions in the meantime, let us know!
4. Party your face off and make some wonderful memories with everyone!